"I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Galations 2:20

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Abby said I needed to do some blogging..



... and she was right! Wow, I think there is always so much that I want to document that I just get overwhelmed and don't to anything! At some point I'll be doing a post about my latest DIY projects (whenever I finally finish them!). I've been working on reupholstering a chair and (finally!) doing some landscaping in our yard.  Henry keeps us pretty busy these days, but he takes a good afternoon nap and is at the point where he can get out and "help" or either just play outside while I work on other things, which is nice. Speaking of Henry.. what a fun age this is (18 months)!!  He seems to learn new words every day and wants to run everywhere he goes. I feel like I just want to follow him around with a video camera as he learns and explores and reacts to the world. Other than praying for lots of wisdom in the area of discipline as he's started throwing more fits these days, this parenting thing really is a lot of fun. I think I'll just post some random pictures to try to catch up. It's been a fun summer.. I can't believe it's over!
Chad says he's filling out his UF application

He LOVES the splash park in Alachua..
or a hose, faucet, rain puddle- pretty much any way he can get wet and splash around

Building towers with Dad


Had a fun visit to Pensacola and got to spend some time with more cousins!

.. and go to the beach with Makenna and Aunt Melody! The water and sand there are so beautiful!
No white sand or blue water on this coast, but we still had fun! 

Happy 4th of July!


Dad got a new boat that we've all been enjoying.. until the river flooded anyway!
Family tube ride at the river, with my fair skinned boys
well protected from the sun

Cousins and friends.. does life get any better? 



My dear friend, Pam, invited us to join her family at their beach house
back in May. We had a great time.


He went to Sports Authority with Chad and this is how he came home.
Even with a goofy sweatband, he's pretty cute!
Esther's super fun 4th birthday party
I'm suddenly feeling a little sad because all of these pictures really deserve a post all to themselves, highlighting the fun times we've had with such wonderful friends and family God has blessed us with, but I guess this will have to do for now! 


2 comments:

  1. The UF Application was a cute footnote....he is so cute!! I like how much he likes his table and chairs....he looks so big sitting up there 'writing'!! It has been a fun summer.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you :) Maybe now I'll sit down and do the posts I've been thinking about.

    It looks like a fun summer...and it's not quite over yet!

    ReplyDelete