"I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Galations 2:20

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Mother's Day as a Mom!

Ok, so since everyone else has already posted about Mother's Day, I guess I will take that as motivation to get started on a post of my own!
I've always loved Mother's Day, because I think my mom is so special that I am glad to have a day to honor her. It certainly adds a different perspective when you become a mother yourself though! I feel so blessed with our little boy, Henry just lights up our days and I continue to be amazed at what a happy baby he is. I was thinking today that I would love to have snapshots of all of his smiles throughout the day.. he wakes up happy, he poops happy, he sometimes tries to eat with a smile (though it sort of makes a mess so I try to discourage it!).  I am just overwhelmed with how happy he is and how happy he makes us. (No, he's not always happy. Yes, he cries and fusses, but it's Mother's Day, I can think he's perfect if I want to, right?)
Our weekend was a little hectic, but still fun. Chad's folks and grandmother came to visit for the weekend and to be present for Henry's dedication at church. We were honored to stand before our church, with our other friends with newborns, to commit our children to be raised to love the Lord and to have the support of such a wonderful church family. After church we enjoyed a nice lunch at Pomodoros with all the Conrads and Overmen. Then after things settled later that afternoon we all took a little nap and Chad and I were able to do some yard work together (yes, that's fun to me..).
I somehow managed to not get a picture of me with MY MOM on Mother's Day. Mom- I love you and am so thankful for you! I think I appreciate you even more now as a Meme!
Baby dedication at church with Pastor Gary

Henry talking to Grandma Overman
Another amazing mom I know, love you Suzanne!


Henry, sleeping through Mother's Day lunch


who? me? not asleep? 
Good night, mom. 
Henry has sure started to squirm around a lot. I actually saw him roll over the other morning, but can't get him to repeat it. I thought it was funny that after tucking him all in for bed one night, I came back 15 minutes later to find him cooing and kicking around and rotated a full 90 degrees. 

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Mother's Day this was....even though I missed sharing it with my mom....what a blessing it was to share part of the day with the mothers of my grandchildren!!! and I know Great Meme was proud to see Annie and Chad dedicating Henry on Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good one! I'm thinking the days of a relaxing mother's day are over because I thought they were easier pre-kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh... thanks Annie! We had a great day and can't wait to see the plans God has for Henry.

    ReplyDelete