"I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Galations 2:20

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let's be honest...

A conversation I just had with Henry:

H: Mom, can I have my firetruck back?
A: Do you remember why your fire truck was taken away?
H: Because I didn't listen and obey.
A: That is usually correct, but today it was because you didn't tell the truth when I asked you if you washed your hands..[long discussion about telling truth]. So, why was your fire truck taken away?
H: Because I didn't wash my hands.
A: No, it's ok if you don't wash your hands, I can just remind you. You were in trouble for not telling the truth..[same discussion about honesty with different words]. So, why was your fire truck taken away?
H: Because I didn't listen and obey.
A: !! Let's pray about being honest and making God happy by telling the truth (and for some parenting wisdom)! [prayer]. [another little chat about telling what really happened, ending with "your fire truck was taken away because you didn't tell the truth"]. So, why was your fire truck taken away?
H: Because I wasn't wearing any pants.


Oh my.

A: Ok, we'll talk about your fire truck later, let's eat lunch. Why don't you go wash your hands.
H: I just washed my hands. (he has not washed his hands)


So.. the idea of God possibly calling us to homeschool is deserving of a whole post in itself. But let me just say, Lord help me if that's the plan.



1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious!!! I think he must have been 'pulling your chain'.....he's much smarter than that conversation!!! :) Ya'll are doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete